At The Productivity Academy, I test a lot of tools. I figure out what works and use it to run my processes, in my personal life and in my businesses, to help keep us on task and efficient.
This page contains links and descriptions of the tools, software, and hardware I use regularly.
Disclosure: Note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, The Productivity Academy will earn a commission if you purchase through these links.
I recommend these products because I have experience with them and use them in my own life and businesses – and one of the most often asked questions is what tools to use!
Click one of the links below to see the tools I recommend and use at The Productivity Academy.
Real World Productivity Growth – Join us in the Real World Productivity Growth (free to join) for help, ideas, tips, and more dealing with productivity, processes, and time management.
- Todoist – This is the tool I use as a “catch all” for tasks in digital form.
- Evernote – My go to application for reference and note taking.
- Trello – A long time go to for processes and tasks. Great for using with outsourcing.
- Monday.com – My go-to project management app.
- Focuster – A great app that combines task lists and your calendar. Auto scheduling feature and more.
- UnRollMe – Want to get your email under control? This handy and free app lets you unsubscribe easily and get a daily summary to review.
- Zapier – Amazing tool for automating so many apps, data entry, and more.
- IFTTT – Another great tool for automation. Not quite as robust as Zapier – but free and easy to set up.
- The Foundation – Start here. If you want to get control of your time, build a team, and start automating processes so that you can get better results across the board, this is for you. This book + video training can take you from overwhelmed and unfocused and have you seeing real-life results in less than one week.
- Creating Time – What would you do with 115 hours? Maybe take 2 weeks of vacation this year? Work on a new project? The best part is it’s up to you – this simple and powerful course will show you how to create 15 working days of time for yourself this year, and every year after that!
- App Sumo Briefcase – one of the most powerful bundles of entrepreneur and productivity softwares around. I use it and it saves me a ton of money each month.
- Focus At Will – A great tool for putting the brain to work and filtering out background noise. I wasn’t sure about this at first but have been using it for some time now.
Notebooks / Offline Note Taking
- Great journal for daily, weekly, and 12 week goal planning that includes gratitude and more…check it out! (Best Self Journal)
- Great general notebook that you can customize
- Great smaller notebook (Midori)
- All notebooks
- 5 Minute Journal – great tool for daily planning and reflection